Please read below for more detailed information.
The responsible party within the meaning of the data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), is:
Phone: +41 32 513 35 33
In cooperation with our hosting providers, we make every effort to protect the databases as well as possible from unauthorized access, loss, misuse or falsification.
We point out that data transmission over the Internet (eg communication by e-mail) security gaps. A complete protection of the data against access by third parties is not possible.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of data as described below. This website can generally be visited without registration. In the process, data such as pages called up or the name of the file called up, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being directly related to your person. Personal data, in particular name, address or e-mail address are collected as far as possible on a voluntary basis. Without your consent, the data will not be passed on to third parties.
Processing of personal data
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable person. A data subject is a person about whom personal data is processed. Processing includes any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, acquisition, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law. In other respects, we process personal data – to the extent and insofar as the EU GDPR is applicable – in accordance with the following legal bases in connection with Art. 6 (1) GDPR:
- Consent (Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO) – The data subject has given his/her consent to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for a specific purpose or purposes.
- Contract performance and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject’s request.
- Legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- Protection of vital interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. d. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
- Application procedure as a pre-contractual or contractual relationship (Art. 9 (2) (b) GDPR) – Insofar as special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) GDPR (e.g. health data, such as severely disabled status or ethnic origin) are requested from applicants as part of the application procedure, so that the controller or the data subject can exercise his or her rights under labor law and social security and social protection law and fulfill his or her obligations in this regard, they are processed in accordance with Art. 9 (2) (b) GDPR. rights under labor law and social security and social protection law and to comply with his or her obligations in this regard, their processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 9(2)(b). DSGVO, in case of protection of vital interests of the applicants or other persons according to Art. 9 para. 2 lit. c. DSGVO or for the purposes of preventive health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the employee’s ability to work, for medical diagnostics, care or treatment in the health or social sector or for the management of systems and services in the health or social sector pursuant to Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h. DSGVO. In the case of a communication of special categories of data based on voluntary consent, their processing is based on Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a. DSGVO.
We process personal data for the duration required for the respective purpose or purposes. In the case of longer-term retention obligations due to legal and other obligations to which we are subject, we restrict processing accordingly.
Relevant legal bases
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk, in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing, as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
The measures include, in particular, safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as the access, entry, disclosure, safeguarding of availability and its separation. Furthermore, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subjects’ rights, the deletion of data, and responses to data compromise. Furthermore, we take the protection of personal data into account as early as the development or selection of hardware, software and processes in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
Transfer of personal data
In the course of our processing of personal data, it may happen that the data is transferred to or disclosed to other bodies, companies, legally independent organizational units or persons. Recipients of this data may include, for example, service providers commissioned with IT tasks or providers of services and content that are integrated into a website. In such cases, we comply with the legal requirements and, in particular, conclude appropriate contracts or agreements that serve to protect your data with the recipients of your data.
Data processing in third countries
If we process data in a third country (i.e., outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA)) or the processing takes place in the context of the use of third-party services or the disclosure or transfer of data to other persons, entities or companies, this will only be done in accordance with the legal requirements.
Subject to express consent or contractually or legally required transfer, we process the data only in third countries with a recognized level of data protection, contractual obligation by so-called standard protection clauses of the EU Commission, in the presence of certifications or binding internal data protection rules (Art. 44 to 49 DSGVO, information page of the EU Commission: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_en).
The following cookie types and functions are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session cookies): Temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online offer and closed his browser.
- Permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the browser is closed. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the interests of users used for reach measurement or marketing purposes can be stored in such a cookie.
- First-party cookies: First-party cookies are set by us.
- Third-party cookies (also: third-party cookies): Third-party cookies are mainly used by advertisers (so-called third parties) to process user information.
- Necessary (also: essential or absolutely necessary) cookies: Cookies may be absolutely necessary for the operation of a website (e.g. to store logins or other user input or for security reasons).
Storage period: If we do not provide you with explicit information about the storage period of permanent cookies (e.g. in the context of a so-called cookie opt-in), please assume that the storage period can be up to two years.
- Types of data processed: Usage data (e.g. web pages visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data subjects: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO), Legitimate Interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
This website uses SSL/TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
The provider of this website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
This data cannot be assigned to specific persons. A combination of this data with other data sources is not made. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of unlawful use.
Third party services
This website may use Google Invisible reCAPTCHA for protection against bots and spam and YouTube for embedding videos.
These services of the American Google LLC use, among other things, cookies and, as a result, data is transferred to Google in the USA, although we assume that no personal tracking takes place in this context solely through the use of our website.
Google has committed to ensuring adequate data protection in accordance with the U.S.-European and U.S.-Swiss Privacy Shields.
If you send us inquiries via the contact form, your data from the inquiry form including the contact data you provided there will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in case of follow-up questions. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on this website, we require an e-mail address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the specified e-mail address and agree to receive the newsletter. Further data will not be collected. We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and do not pass it on to third parties.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data, the e-mail address and their use for sending the newsletter at any time, for example via the “unsubscribe link” in the newsletter.
Rights of data subjects
Right to confirmation
Every data subject has the right to request confirmation from the operator of the website as to whether personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If you wish to exercise this right of confirmation, you may contact the data protection officer at any time.
Right to information
Any person with personal data affected by the processing has the right to receive information about the personal data stored about him or her and a copy of this information from the operator of this website free of charge at any time. Furthermore, information may be provided about the following information, if applicable:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data that are processed
- the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration
- the existence of a right to obtain the rectification or erasure of personal data concerning them or to obtain the restriction of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: All available information about the origin of the data
Furthermore, the data subject shall have the right to obtain information as to whether personal data have been transferred to a third country or to an international organization. If this is the case, the data subject also has the right to obtain information about the appropriate safeguards in connection with the transfer.
If you would like to exercise this right to information, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right to rectification
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to demand that inaccurate personal data concerning him or her be corrected without delay. Furthermore, the data subject has the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data – also by means of a supplementary declaration – taking into account the purposes of the processing.
If you would like to exercise this right of correction, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the immediate erasure of personal data concerning him or her, where one of the following reasons applies and insofar as the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data were collected or otherwise processed for purposes for which they are no longer necessary
- The data subject withdraws the consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- The data subject objects to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing in case of direct marketing and related profiling
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully
- The deletion of the personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject
- The personal data was collected in relation to information society services offered, made directly to a child
If one of the above reasons applies and you wish to arrange for the deletion of personal data stored by the operator of this website, you can contact our data protection officer at any time. The data protection officer of this website will arrange for the deletion request to be complied with immediately.
Right to restriction of processing
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the restriction of the processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data
- The processing is unlawful, the data subject objects to the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of the use of the personal data
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the data subject needs it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- The data subject has objected to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate interests of the controller override those of the data subject.
If one of the above conditions is met, you can request the restriction of personal data stored by the operator of this website at any time by contacting our data protection officer. The data protection officer of this website will arrange the restriction of the processing.
Right to data portability
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her in a structured, common and machine-readable format. He or she also has the right to have this data transferred to another controller if the legal requirements are met.
Furthermore, the data subject has the right to obtain that the personal data be transferred directly from one controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible and provided that this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other persons.
To assert the right to data portability, you can contact the data protection officer appointed by the operator of this website at any time.
Right to object
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her.
The operator of this website shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or if the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
To exercise the right to object, you can contact the data protection officer of this website directly.
Right to revoke consent under data protection law
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to revoke a given consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw consent, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
The use of contact data published within the framework of the imprint obligation to send advertising and information materials not expressly requested is hereby prohibited. The operators of the pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam e-mails.
Use of Google reCAPTCHA
We use “Google reCAPTCHA” (hereinafter “reCAPTCHA”) on our websites. The provider is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, hereinafter “Google”. The purpose of reCAPTCHA is to verify whether data entry on our websites (e.g. in a contact form) is made by a human or by an automated program. For this purpose, reCAPTCHA analyzes the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis begins automatically as soon as the website visitor enters the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, time spent by the website visitor on the website or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis is forwarded to Google. The reCAPTCHA analyses run entirely in the background. Website visitors are not notified that an analysis is taking place.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited. If the data controller on this website is located outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, then the Google Analytics data processing is carried out by Google LLC. Google LLC and Google Ireland Limited are hereinafter referred to as “Google”.
The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. If you have a Google user account, you can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in the settings there under “My data”, “Personal data”.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google. We would like to point out that Google Analytics 4 is used on this website to ensure anonymized collection of IP addresses. This means that IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form, which means that they cannot be linked to a specific person. Insofar as the data collected about you is related to a person, this is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is thus immediately deleted.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
Newsletter – Mailchimp
The dispatch service provider may use the data of the recipients in pseudonymous form, i.e. without assignment to a user, to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. to technically optimize the dispatch and presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes. However, the dispatch service provider does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them itself or to pass the data on to third parties.
We process data of our contractual and business partners, e.g. customers and interested parties (collectively referred to as “contractual partners”) in the context of contractual and comparable legal relationships as well as related measures and in the context of communication with contractual partners (or pre-contractual), e.g. to answer inquiries.
We inform the contractual partners which data are required for the aforementioned purposes before or in the course of data collection, e.g. in online forms, by means of special marking (e.g. colors) or symbols (e.g. asterisks or similar), or in person.
We delete the data after the expiry of legal warranty and comparable obligations, i.e., in principle after 4 years, unless the data is stored in a customer account, e.g., as long as it must be retained for legal archiving reasons (e.g., for tax purposes usually 10 years). We delete data disclosed to us by the contractual partner as part of an order in accordance with the specifications of the order, generally after the end of the order.
Insofar as we use third-party providers or platforms to provide our services, the terms and conditions and data protection notices of the respective third-party providers or platforms shall apply in the relationship between the users and the providers.
Customer account: Contractual partners can create an account within our online offer (e.g. customer or user account, “customer account” for short). If registration of a customer account is required, contractual partners will be informed of this as well as of the information required for registration. Customer accounts are not public and cannot be indexed by search engines. Within the scope of registration and subsequent logins and uses of the customer account, we store the IP addresses of the customers along with the access times in order to be able to prove the registration and prevent any misuse of the customer account.
If customers have terminated their customer account, the data relating to the customer account will be deleted, unless their retention is required for legal reasons. It is the responsibility of customers to back up their data when the customer account is terminated.
Analyses and market research: For business reasons and in order to be able to identify market trends, wishes of contractual partners and users, we analyze the data we have on business transactions, contracts, inquiries, etc., whereby the group of data subjects may include contractual partners, interested parties, customers, visitors and users of our online offering.
The analyses are carried out for the purpose of business evaluations, marketing and market research (e.g. to determine customer groups with different characteristics). In doing so, we may, if available, take into account the profiles of registered users together with their details, e.g. on services used. The analyses serve us alone and are not disclosed externally, unless they are anonymous analyses with summarized, i.e. anonymized values. Furthermore, we take the privacy of the users into consideration and process the data for the analysis purposes as pseudonymously as possible and, if feasible, anonymously (e.g. as summarized data).
When you create a demo account for https://demo.erm4sn.com, you also agree that we may use your contact information to contact you. You are free to delete the demo account at any time, in which case your data stored with us will also be deleted automatically.
Note on data transfer to the USA
Among other things, tools from companies based in the USA are integrated on our website. If these tools are active, your personal data may be transferred to the US servers of the respective companies. We would like to point out that the USA is not a safe third country in the sense of EU data protection law. US companies are obliged to hand over personal data to security authorities without you as a data subject being able to take legal action against this. It can therefore not be ruled out that US authorities (e.g. intelligence services) process, evaluate and permanently store your data located on US servers for monitoring purposes. We have no influence on these processing activities.
The copyright and all other rights to the content, images, photos or other files on the website belong exclusively to the operator of this website or the specifically named copyright holders. For the reproduction of all files, the written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained in advance.
Anyone who commits a copyright infringement without the consent of the respective rights holder may be liable to prosecution and at most to damages.
All information on our website has been carefully checked. We make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is up-to-date, correct and complete. Nevertheless, the occurrence of errors can not be completely excluded, so we can not guarantee the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of information, including journalistic-editorial nature. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected.
The publisher may change or delete texts at his own discretion and without notice and is not obliged to update any contents of this website. The use of or access to this website is at the visitor’s own risk. The publisher, its clients or partners are not responsible for damages, such as direct, indirect, incidental, to be determined in advance or consequential damages, which are allegedly caused by the visit of this website and therefore assume no liability.
The publisher also accepts no responsibility or liability for the content and availability of third-party websites that can be accessed via external links on this website. The operators of the linked sites are exclusively responsible for their content. The publisher thus expressly distances itself from all third-party content that may be relevant under criminal or liability law or that may offend common decency.
Questions for the data protection officer
Zürich, Jan 2023